donderdag 11 juli 2013

Have I Got News For You, May 17th, 2013



In this episode, several international news facts were discussed in a humorous way. An example: “Funerals are the most inappropriate places to use your mobile phone. In one incident, a mourner in South Wales was called as the coffin was lowered into the ground. The ringtone was ‘If you are happy and you know it clap your hands’”. Another funny thing about English news was the item ‘finish the sentence’,  in which some words were made black, so you couldn’t see how the sentence ended. For example ‘Yodelling interrupts ...’ which has to be ‘Yodelling interrupts BBC Radio 4’. Another (finished) sentence was: ‘Rival Star Wars and Doctor Who fans separated by police’.

My opinion           
I think this is a very nice way to look at the news, because although it’s funny, you get to know a lot about the daily news this way. There were many international items, but I tried to focus on the items about England itself. I have to say that there were not many items about England, which I found rather strange, because it is a English show. The things that were said about England, were mostly not very serious things, such as the things mentioned above: calling during funeral, yodelling interrupts radio, etc. So that’s what I missed a bit in this show: the English news items.  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten