donderdag 11 juli 2013

BBC News at One, Monday 18th March 2013



A few outtakes from the BBC News at One at March 18: There will be press regulation after the phone hacking scandal: a last minute deal by the party leaders has been confirmed. 2 billion pounds are invested in the air and space industries of the UK. This is done to secure the future of more than a hundred thousand jobs in those industries. Sports news: McManaman faces a ban for 3 matches because of his horrible tackle in the match against Newcastle United.

My opinion
In one of my other blogs I wrote that I was totally against press regulation. However, now I see where this comes from (the phone hacking scandal), I see the point of it. I didn’t knew it had to do with this, but now I know, I think there actually should be rules to prevent this in the future.
I think investing in industries to secure the future of jobs is always a good case. Employment is one of the pillars of a nation. If the unemployment rate becomes too high, the UK will be further into crisis.
After seeing the tackle, I think this ban is right. It was really reckless and dangerous. Maybe three matches is a bit too little, but well, it’s something.   
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i10-d3X_rXM

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten